The Auburn Football Lettermen Club (AFLC) was initiated in 1982. A request to be incorporated was established at its first meeting on February 1, 1983 under the direction of Gusty Yearout, Rusty Deen and Pat Sullivan. On February 10, 1983, a Certificate of Incorporation was approved. The Auburn Football Lettermen Club became established as a 501©3 non-profit organization on April 20, 1995.
The Lettermen’s Club was organized and established for the following purposes:
- To promote and further the education and educational opportunities of Auburn University football athletes.
- To promote the amateur sports excellence of Auburn University.
- To provide scholarships to students attending Auburn University.
- To promote fellowship among all its members.
Membership in the AFLC now consists of over 600 members. Our membership includes players that lettered in 1938 to those that have lettered this year.